Wednesday, July 14, 2010

DInsoaurs!!

I walked into Crosby’s room tonight to the sound of him sobbing as he apparently just had a really bad dream. Between the snubs, he finally said “the big dinosaur was going to hurt me.” I assured him that no dinosaur was going to hurt him and that he was safe in his room but he wasn’t content with that. He started asking about the dinosaurs and if they lived close to us. I smiled and gently said, “No, the dinosaurs lived a very long time ago and they’re all gone now.” Bad move. The wailing began again and this time he was sobbing “They’re gone. They’re all gone, gone, gone.” Seriously!! You were just scared to death of them and now you’re sad they’re gone! He then wanted to know where they went and why. Um, I don’t know. “Heaven.” Yep, Heaven sounded like a good, happy answer. “Why did they go to Heaven?” “Well, they lived a long time and then got old and eventually died.” “Why didn’t the doctors make them better? Now I’ll never get to hug one. Do they get to play in Heaven?” Twenty minutes after I walked in the room, we were finally able to move off the sad dinosaur tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment