Friday, September 10, 2010

Funny Crosby moments...

Crosby keeps us laughing around our house and I thought I'd share a few of the memorable stories with you.

*One afternoon, I asked him to put away his pile of clean undies as I was finishing folding laundry. When he returned, I told him "Hey Croz, I have a new job for you. Why don't you get Daddy's pile of undies and I'll show you where they go. You can start taking Daddy's things too." He looked at me with a very serious face and said "Mom, I don't need ANOTHER job!" Yeah, because taking your undies and putting away the silverware are so demanding!!

*Crosby and I were dropping off some thank you notes in the Post Office drop-box one day and I read the names to him as he sent each one on it's way. He, by the way, found it thrilling to drop mail in the big blue box. A few hours later during lunch, he asked "Mom, is Nana our next door neighbor?" I said "No, silly. You know Nana lives in GA and neighbors live close by." He then replies, "but you said her name was Nabors!" I cracked up.

*One of his favorite comments these days is "That doesn't sound like a great idea." Of course, he doesn't say this when I offer a snack or to go play at a friend's house, just when he doesn't want to comply with what I'm asking.

*At his big brother/sibling class at the hospital the instructor pointed out a bassinet in one of the rooms. Crosby shared with everyone that "some bassinets are for floating down the river." I think someone has been paying attention in Sunday School and in our little story books. :-)

*One day after preschool, Crosby was talking with Kelby about school and some of the other kids. He goes on to tell him about some little boy that kept slamming the pretend microwave door. He then stated in a very serious tone, " I don't think we're going to be friends."


So far, Crosby is loving preschool and his teachers. :-) He shares stories throughout the day about preschool and his friends there. He continues to have mixed emotions about the upcoming arrival of little Gracyn. He talks about her a lot and loves helping with her room and her things. I think he's really just a little confused about the whole ordeal and a little anxious. We are busy preparing for her arrival. :-) Kelby has finished the basement and the guest room is ready! Now we can finish setting up the nursery. I'll be 37 weeks on next Tuesday so the big day is rapidly approaching.

Hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment